It’s time to celebrate! After many years of determination and hard work, we are excited to celebrate the opening of Denver Parks and Recreation’s newest state-of-the-art recreational facility. Please join us on January 8 at 3:00pm for the grand opening of the Carla Madison Recreation Center located on the corner of Colfax Ave. & Josephine St.
609 total views, 1 views today
Many residents of the Congress Park Neighborhood have experienced flooding, especially in the past few years. The neighborhood lies mostly within the Upper Montclair drainage basin, which stretches from Alameda Avenue on the south, to Colfax Avenue on the North. The City would like to develop a plan to fix or mitigate these flooding problems, and has set up a committee of residents to help do so. On Jan 12 Congress Park Neighbors invited their residents and businesses to take a short survey asking them to give feed back as to whether they had experienced flooding in their neighborhoods over the past 5 years. The survey closed Jan 16, 2017.
755 total views, no views today
Setting your purple cart out for collection every-other-week is just the beginning of the recycling process. After collection, Denver Recycles trucks and crew members transport your recyclables to a recycling processor for sorting and distribution to re-manufacturing outlets. This transportation component in the recycling process is no small undertaking when you consider that more than 1,000,000 pounds of recyclables are collected from Denver homes each week. Each truck and driver collect upwards of 1,000 carts every day.
530 total views, 1 views today
- January Calendar
- January Green Team Meeting
- Planning for 2nd Annual Congress Park Earth Day Festival
- CPN Green Business Workshop
- Historic Home Energy Efficiency WorkshopPreview
- Reminder – Denver TreeCycle Collections
- Help get the word out to our neighbors!
- SEED Circle – “The Problem with Plastics”
- Free Residential Solar Webinar Series
- Current and “In the works” Initiatives
- Neighborhood/Alley Cleanup Program – Organize Your Own!
- Rain Barrel Workshops
- March/April SEED Circle – Alternative Energy Options
- Help Wanted: CPN Green Team Steering Committee Members Search
587 total views, no views today