City & County of Denver
Department of Parks and Recreation
Notice of Public Hearing regarding
Proposed Changes to Rules and Regulations
Notice is hereby given that effective June 12, 2014 the Parks and Recreation Rules and Regulations amendments will be amended to address the following issues:
8A.0 Marijuana. (39-10) The prohibition of the consumption, use, display, transfer, distribution, sale, or growth of marijuana, as specified herein, is important to the safe and harmonious public use of Park Facilities.
8A.1: Violation: The consumption, use, display, transfer, distribution, sale, or growth of marijuana in a Park Facility is prohibited.
The 9th Annual Colfax Marathon is Sunday, May 18. The 26.2 mile Denver course starts and finishes at City Park. To avoid street closures, check the route which takes takes runners west to Lakewood passing through many neighborhoods and part of the downtown business district.
- The marathon will have full and partial closures of westbound and eastbound Colfax from Aurora to Lakewood starting as early as 3 a.m. and ending as late as 1 p.m.
- Roads that cross Colfax Avenue and 17th Avenue could experience significant delays.
- The easiest places to cross Colfax Avenue between Havana and Kipling will be at Interstate 25, Havana and Kipling.
- Drivers are urged to avoid Speer Boulevard and Colfax Avenue altogether until noon.
- Crossing intersections along Colfax will be allowed on a very limited basis when safety allows and only at intersections with uniformed police officers.
- Eastbound Colfax Avenue will be open from Denver’s City Park west to Quitman Street and from Colorado Boulevard east to Ursula Street.
- Westbound Colfax will be closed from Dayton Street in Aurora to Garrison Street in Lakewood in certain sections.
- As the race progresses from Denver’s City Park to Aurora and Lakewood simultaneously, streets will open to normal traffic as rapidly as possible.
Teller’s biggest bash of the year!
Where: Bluebird Theater, 3317 E Colfax Avenue, Denver
When: Saturday, May 3, 2014
Bands Performing: Teller School Band, The Other Black, Claymore Disco, Amanda Hawkins, Safe Boating Is No Accident, Ark Life, and Dragondeer.
Tickets Available Now in the Teller Store!
For lots more information see Tellerpalooza.com