Emmet Cahill, award-winning Irish tenor and a lead singer with the popular Irish music show Celtic Thunder, will perform a concert at Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Denver on Thursday, February 15 at 7:00 p.m. Emmet is 27 years old, hails from Mullingar, Co. Westmeath and is considered to be one of Ireland’s most exciting young performers. Congress Park residents can get a 10% discount for tickets. READ MORE
A big shout out to our Congress Park Neighbors Green Team! They were awarded a very prestigious award from Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation at their Annual Award Dinner. The award was the Neighborhood Excellence award and was the first given for “continuing commitment to bettering the environment” READ MORE
Congress Park Neighbors Meeting February 21 2018 7:00 – 8:30 @
940 Fillmore Street, Denver CO 80206
Agenda still firming up BUT this definitely will be discussed
- Eddie Hernandez, Denver Water – Main Replacement Project on Milwaukee Street from 6th – 13th Avenue
- Lindsay Krings – Rocky Mountain Human Services
- Conservation Overlays – Kara Hahn Principal Planner-Landmark Preservation
Community Planning and Development | City and County of Denver and Jon Olson Historic Denver
- Traffic Calming, Traffic Light Evaluation, and Speed Limit Reductions – Implementing traffic improvements and speed limit study findings in key residential areas.
- Pedestrian Safety – Improve intersection crosswalk markings to give greater visibility and protection for pedestrians at busy neighborhood intersections.
- Sidewalk Repair Evaluation – Participate in the first regional sidewalk repair evaluation to identify sidewalks with significant repair and replacement needs.
- Neighborhood Planning Initiative (NPI) – Continue to define NPI improvements for Colfax Avenue while preserving the character of the six surrounding neighborhoods of Capitol Hill, Cheeseman Park, Congress Park, City Park, West City Park, and North Capitol Hill.
- 1st Avenue Complete Street Project – Complete the project’s design study and identify implementation funding.
- 5280 Loop and Golden Triangle – Assist the Downtown Denver Partnership in the implementation of the 5280 Bike Loop within the Golden Triangle area.
- District 6 Police Station Replacement – Begin the Police Department planning of the replacement of the District 6 Police Station with GO Bond funding.
- Golden Triangle General Improvement District (GID) – Educate and engage the community to gain approval for a GID in the Golden Triangle neighborhoo
PRIVATE OFF-LEASH DOG ENCLOSURES
The hearing will be held at the meeting of the Board of Public Health and Environment (BPHE) at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 8, 2018 at the Permit Center/Elections Building, located at 200 W. 14th Avenue, Suite 200, 2nd Floor in the Grand Mesa Conference Room. Any change to the meeting location will be posted prior to the meeting on the BPHE website (www.denvergov.org/BPHE). READ MORE
Historic designation is one method of ensuring that changes to a neighborhood occur thoughtfully, preserving the fabric of a neighborhood that people love — homes with history, vital dwellings that preserve the past — while acknowledging modern lifestyles. Navigating the ins and outs of the designation process and what it means for your property, however, can be a difficult task. We’ve created a Historic Designation FAQ guide, which answers many of the questions we commonly receive from property owners. READ MORE
MY Denver PRIME! MY Denver PRIME makes the city’s recreation centers and pools, including drop-in fitness classes and clubs, more accessible for Denver residents ages 60+.
MY Denver PRIME provides Denver residents ages 60+ with FREE access to all the city’s recreation centers and pools, including drop-in fitness classes and clubs. Learn more about the activities and classes offered by DPR’s Active Older Adults division. READ MORE
It’s time to celebrate! After many years of determination and hard work, we are excited to celebrate the opening of Denver Parks and Recreation’s newest state-of-the-art recreational facility. Please join us on January 8 at 3:00pm for the grand opening of the Carla Madison Recreation Center located on the corner of Colfax Ave. & Josephine St. READ MORE