Come to one of several Blueprint Denver workshops in February and March to learn more about potential strategies for land use and transportation in your neighborhood and citywide.
- Council District 4: Feb. 20, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Thomas Jefferson High School, 3950 S. Holly St., Denver (This will be focused on Southmoor)
- District 9: Feb. 21, 5:30 – 7 p.m., Laradon, 5100 Lincoln St., Denver
- District 1: Feb. 22, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Potenza Lodge Hall, 1900 W. 38th Ave., Denver
- District 6: Feb. 22, 6 – 8 p.m., District 3 Police Station, 1625 S. University Blvd.
- District 3: Feb. 27, 5:30 – 8 p.m., Corky Gonzales Library, 1498 Irving St.
- District 2: Mar. 1, 6 – 8 p.m., All Saints Parish Hall, 2559 S. Federal Blvd., Denver
- District 10: Mar. 6, 5:30 – 7:30, Community of Christ Church, 480 N. Marion St.
- District 11: Mar. 7, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Evie Garrett Dennis Campus, 4800 Telluride St.
- District 7: Mar. 8, 6 – 8 p.m., Valverde Elementary, 2030 W. Alameda Ave. (This one will be conducted in Spanish.)
- District 7: Mar. 14, 6 – 8 p.m., DSST Byers School, 150 S. Pearl St. (No Spanish interpretation.)
- District 8: Mar. 15, 5:30 – 7 p.m., DSST Stapleton High School, 2000 Valentia St.
Emmet Cahill, award-winning Irish tenor and a lead singer with the popular Irish music show Celtic Thunder, will perform a concert at Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Denver on Thursday, February 15 at 7:00 p.m. Emmet is 27 years old, hails from Mullingar, Co. Westmeath and is considered to be one of Ireland’s most exciting young performers. Congress Park residents can get a 10% discount for tickets. READ MORE
A big shout out to our Congress Park Neighbors Green Team! They were awarded a very prestigious award from Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation at their Annual Award Dinner. The award was the Neighborhood Excellence award and was the first given for “continuing commitment to bettering the environment” READ MORE
PRIVATE OFF-LEASH DOG ENCLOSURES
The hearing will be held at the meeting of the Board of Public Health and Environment (BPHE) at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 8, 2018 at the Permit Center/Elections Building, located at 200 W. 14th Avenue, Suite 200, 2nd Floor in the Grand Mesa Conference Room. Any change to the meeting location will be posted prior to the meeting on the BPHE website (www.denvergov.org/BPHE). READ MORE
Historic designation is one method of ensuring that changes to a neighborhood occur thoughtfully, preserving the fabric of a neighborhood that people love — homes with history, vital dwellings that preserve the past — while acknowledging modern lifestyles. Navigating the ins and outs of the designation process and what it means for your property, however, can be a difficult task. We’ve created a Historic Designation FAQ guide, which answers many of the questions we commonly receive from property owners. READ MORE
MY Denver PRIME! MY Denver PRIME makes the city’s recreation centers and pools, including drop-in fitness classes and clubs, more accessible for Denver residents ages 60+.
MY Denver PRIME provides Denver residents ages 60+ with FREE access to all the city’s recreation centers and pools, including drop-in fitness classes and clubs. Learn more about the activities and classes offered by DPR’s Active Older Adults division. READ MORE
It’s time to celebrate! After many years of determination and hard work, we are excited to celebrate the opening of Denver Parks and Recreation’s newest state-of-the-art recreational facility. Please join us on January 8 at 3:00pm for the grand opening of the Carla Madison Recreation Center located on the corner of Colfax Ave. & Josephine St. READ MORE