District 10 Priorities
In 2018, I will be focusing my efforts on the following priorities to enhance and improve our district:
- Traffic Calming, Traffic Light Evaluation, and Speed Limit Reductions – Implementing traffic improvements and speed limit study findings in key residential areas.
- Pedestrian Safety – Improve intersection crosswalk markings to give greater visibility and protection for pedestrians at busy neighborhood intersections.
- Sidewalk Repair Evaluation – Participate in the first regional sidewalk repair evaluation to identify sidewalks with significant repair and replacement needs.
- Neighborhood Planning Initiative (NPI) – Continue to define NPI improvements for Colfax Avenue while preserving the character of the six surrounding neighborhoods of Capitol Hill, Cheeseman Park, Congress Park, City Park, West City Park, and North Capitol Hill.
- 1st Avenue Complete Street Project – Complete the project’s design study and identify implementation funding.
- 5280 Loop and Golden Triangle – Assist the Downtown Denver Partnership in the implementation of the 5280 Bike Loop within the Golden Triangle area.
- District 6 Police Station Replacement – Begin the Police Department planning of the replacement of the District 6 Police Station with GO Bond funding.
- Golden Triangle General Improvement District (GID) – Educate and engage the community to gain approval for a GID in the Golden Triangle neighborhoo
25 total views, 3 views today
PRIVATE OFF-LEASH DOG ENCLOSURES
The hearing will be held at the meeting of the Board of Public Health and Environment (BPHE) at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 8, 2018 at the Permit Center/Elections Building, located at 200 W. 14th Avenue, Suite 200, 2nd Floor in the Grand Mesa Conference Room. Any change to the meeting location will be posted prior to the meeting on the BPHE website (www.denvergov.org/BPHE).
50 total views, 6 views today
Historic designation is one method of ensuring that changes to a neighborhood occur thoughtfully, preserving the fabric of a neighborhood that people love — homes with history, vital dwellings that preserve the past — while acknowledging modern lifestyles. Navigating the ins and outs of the designation process and what it means for your property, however, can be a difficult task. We’ve created a Historic Designation FAQ guide, which answers many of the questions we commonly receive from property owners.
50 total views, 2 views today
MY Denver PRIME! MY Denver PRIME makes the city’s recreation centers and pools, including drop-in fitness classes and clubs, more accessible for Denver residents ages 60+.
MY Denver PRIME provides Denver residents ages 60+ with FREE access to all the city’s recreation centers and pools, including drop-in fitness classes and clubs. Learn more about the activities and classes offered by DPR’s Active Older Adults division.
277 total views, 1 views today
It’s time to celebrate! After many years of determination and hard work, we are excited to celebrate the opening of Denver Parks and Recreation’s newest state-of-the-art recreational facility. Please join us on January 8 at 3:00pm for the grand opening of the Carla Madison Recreation Center located on the corner of Colfax Ave. & Josephine St.
619 total views, 1 views today
The Rec Center will open in January
1,007 total views, no views today
Wayne News Nov Letter
Read about the
East Central Planning Initiative Survey
The East Central Neighborhood Planning Initiative continues to make progress in discussing future improvements for six neighborhoods (Capitol Hill, Cheeseman Park, Congress Park, City Park, West City Park, and North Capitol Hill) and Colfax Avenue from Broadway to Colorado Boulevard. The planning group is surveying residents on their likes and dislikes on this geographic area and for any recommendations on needed community amenities, street improvements, and other issues.
And much more
365 total views, no views today
Now that your ballots have arrived , please take a minute to review these videos so that you can make an informed choice.
Contained here are brief analysis of the Go-Bond initiatives, Green Roof Initiative and a forum of District 3 school board candidate and the At-Large Candidates for school board. Each video is about 30 minutes.
266 total views, no views today