The CBHD Board of Directors has been informed that the University of Colorado will not complete its review of the responses from parties interested in the development of the University’s 9th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard Campus prior to December 5, 2013. Given the University will not be able to give an update on their work and given this was the only agenda item planned for the CBHD’s December 5, 2013 meeting, Vice Chair of CBHD Tony Ruiz decided to cancel this meeting. A notice announcing the date, time and location of the January 2014 meeting will be sent in mid-December to all individuals on their distribution list.
Board members will meet on December 5, 2013 to elect a new Chair and Vice Chair who will assume these positions on January 1, 2014.
CBHD Bylaws and documents can be found at http://www.congressparkneighbors.org/current-zoning/redevlopement/colo-blvd-health-district-doc/
The proposed amendments are:
- Pending Denver Zoning Code text amendment #15: Revisions in all zone districts to accommodate rights under Colorado Amendment 64 for residents to grow a limited number of marijuana plants for recreational (non-medical) personal use.
December 16, 2013: City Council public hearing
Read the proposed text amendment (PDF)
- Amendment to Denver Revised Municipal Code, Section 59-2: Revisions to assure continuance of zoning protections when Denver-Zoning-Code-zoned residential properties (e.g., U-SU-C) are located next to Former-Chapter-59-zoned properties that allow greater mix of uses and intensities (e.g., R-MU-20 with waivers).
December 3, 2013: Consideration by Denver City Council’s Land Use, Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
December 9, 2013: City Council first reading
January 6, 2014: City Council public hearing
Read the proposed ordinance amendment (PDF)
Text Amendment Package 2013A draft of a series of proposed text amendments to the zoning code
Public Review Draft*, November 18, 2013Summary (PDF)
Full Redline Packet (PDF)
Redline Packet by Group:
Group 1 (PDF): Design Standards (Articles 3-9 except uses and parking)
Group 2 (PDF): General Design Standards (Article 10)
Group 3 (PDF): Rules of Measurement and Definitions (Article 13)
Group 4 (PDF): Uses (Articles 3-9 Uses & Parking Tables and Article 11 Use Limitations and Definitions)
Group 5 (PDF): Parking (Articles 3-9, Parking amounts only)
Group 6 (PDF): Procedures (Article 12)
Group 7 (PDF): General Provisions – Zone Lots (Article 1)
*Blue = text that has been moved. Red = text that has been changed.
· December 4 – Planning staff will present the amendments as an information item to the Denver Planning Board at 3 p.m., Wellington Webb Municipal Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., room 4.F.6.
· December 6 – Office hours with planning staff, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m., Wellington Webb Municipal Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., room 4.J.1. No appointment necessary.
· December 10 – Planning staff will present the amendments as an information item to City Council’s Land Use, Transportation and Infrastructure committee. 10:30 a.m., City and County Building, room 391.
· December 12 – Office hours with planning staff, 1-4 p.m., Wellington Webb Municipal Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., room 4.I.4. No appointment necessary.
· December 18 – Office hours with planning staff, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wellington Webb Municipal Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., room 4.I.2. No appointment necessary.
Following the public comment period, any edits to the amendments package will be made and an adoption review draft will be released in mid-to-late January 2014. The draft will then be treated as a City Council ordinance, and the formal adoption process will begin, which will involve at least two public hearings. The adoption process is expected to take 2-3 months.
There will be no November Congress Park Neighbors. Meetings have not gone to Bi-Monthly (every other month).