- Traffic Calming, Traffic Light Evaluation, and Speed Limit Reductions – Implementing traffic improvements and speed limit study findings in key residential areas.
- Pedestrian Safety – Improve intersection crosswalk markings to give greater visibility and protection for pedestrians at busy neighborhood intersections.
- Sidewalk Repair Evaluation – Participate in the first regional sidewalk repair evaluation to identify sidewalks with significant repair and replacement needs.
- Neighborhood Planning Initiative (NPI) – Continue to define NPI improvements for Colfax Avenue while preserving the character of the six surrounding neighborhoods of Capitol Hill, Cheeseman Park, Congress Park, City Park, West City Park, and North Capitol Hill.
- 1st Avenue Complete Street Project – Complete the project’s design study and identify implementation funding.
- 5280 Loop and Golden Triangle – Assist the Downtown Denver Partnership in the implementation of the 5280 Bike Loop within the Golden Triangle area.
- District 6 Police Station Replacement – Begin the Police Department planning of the replacement of the District 6 Police Station with GO Bond funding.
- Golden Triangle General Improvement District (GID) – Educate and engage the community to gain approval for a GID in the Golden Triangle neighborhoo
It’s time to celebrate! After many years of determination and hard work, we are excited to celebrate the opening of Denver Parks and Recreation’s newest state-of-the-art recreational facility. Please join us on January 8 at 3:00pm for the grand opening of the Carla Madison Recreation Center located on the corner of Colfax Ave. & Josephine St. READ MORE